Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Jewelry

About a month ago, I signed up for a jewelry class using metal clay to make the pieces you see above. It's my first attempt. The metal clay, in this case Bronze, is very easy to work with and the binding/filler particles burn off when you fire it in the kiln. Metal clay was invented in Japan about 10 years ago and they sell it in all varieties of metal. Of course, bronze is the least expensive by far with the cost of silver and gold being so high right now.

The left two ones that look like a seed pod and the one below it that's like a peach with leaves, I plan to either make into a pin/brooch or attach to a bobby pin. I think those are the most interesting to me but I love the others as well.

I ordered some more metal clay and it arrived in the mail today. You'll be seeing more of these from me soon!