Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Beautiful Austin Home





A few weeks ago, we made our last trip to our home in Austin to pack our things and make the last part of our move to San Diego. This is the home that forever ruined me (forever!) for the love of architecture.

When we found out about the Agave project, after some months of looking for land and trying to build our own house, we knew we had to be on board and we knew exactly which house we had to have. A single story place designed by Kevin Stewart of Michael Hsu Office of Architecture. It had no windows on the front! and the back and front door were lined up and you could see straight through the house! We would have a view! Sign me up!

I can remember vividly walking through the beams as the structure was first going up thinking there was no way this house would really be ours. That I would really get to live in something so magnificent! But as the sheetrock went up and papers were signed.... it all became real. 

We really did live there for almost 6 very happy years. And I don't think we ever really got used to it. We would frequently remark to each other... "Look at our house!"

And so tonight, on our 3 month anniversary of our arrival to California, I wanted to share a few photos that capture some of my favorite architectural details.