Monday, December 19, 2011

Shrunk


Christmas Craft 2011: Shrinky Dinks!

Every year, I find a new way to do a homemade ornament. How did I land upon Shrinky Dinks this year? ... I guess it was the little one in my desk drawer that I did years ago. I am here to remind you how fun they are. These were done with colored pencil. The top snowman circles are about 2.25 inches and the final ones shrink down to a delightful 1 inch. So tiny and so cute.

I decided to add a hole in the top, afterwards, with a wire from one of those office binder clips. A needle was too thin -- the office clip was perfect. Using the open flame from the gas stove, I heated it right up and easily pushed a hole into the tops of these. Make sure you have some ventilation going, as it gets noxious quick. Add some thread and you have a cute little ornament for your tiny tree or just a small momento for a friend.

The possibilities with shrinky dinks are pretty endless. Enjoy!